If you are a Smartphone user, you might come across the word apk files.Understanding the apk file is an essential task to download free apks and customize your device using the play store.There are a number of apps out there but are not available in the play store and also in the android market.
Apk is a package file used in Android Operating System for distribution and downloading the applications.Apk files are similar to the .exe file employed in the windows.Apk files are used to install an application on your smartphone.
What Is An Apk File?
An APK file will compile all the package together into a Single File.In that application, all the necessary files will be pre-installed.Apk file is a kind of archive file comes with a .apk extension.
You can change the name of the application files on your device, but you can’t change the file extension.If you like to install the apk file from personal websites then you may want to disable the security features in your android smartphone.
There are lots of benefits and also some risk in Installing an Apk file. Here is a brief list of pros and cons that could help you choose better.
Pros Of Installing Apk Files
- There are several reasons to download apk for free.Some of the new apps are available in the form of .apk file which is not released in the play store.
- You can choose the font and size according to your convenience.Reuse of the same app may increase the performance of your smartphone.
- You can reduce the size of an application using some techniques like proguard, Apk Splits, etc…
- In play store, there might be certain restrictions to using some apps. At this instant, by installing the .apk files you can use that application.
Cons Of Installing Apk Files
- Though the apps are easy to install, be careful while downloading the .apk files.Some may contain stolen apps.
- Some Apk services will allow you to download the stolen apps but if you do prepare yourself to face the consequences.
- There are several sources on the internet to download the application but not all the sources are trustworthy, so you must be careful in choosing download link.
- Some of the hackers can get the apk files, modify the apk files by adding an extra permission which helps to steal the information on your devices.So be aware to check the apk file permission before Installing the apps.
- Some of the Unworthy sites may contain the malicious virus.Before downloading and installing the app go through the user reviews and comments on the applications.
Hope the above-discussed advantages and disadvantages of installing an apk file will help you to better understand about it.Using this kind of apk files, you can increase the performance, and also you can reduce the performance of your smartphone. Choose the one wisely.